Welcome to Function Fit Rehab – Physical Therapy in San Diego
SPINEBACK PROGRAM for unresolved back and neck pain stemming from everything from herniated discs to scoliosis
For many people with herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis and other back and neck problems, their pain persists for more than 12 weeks, or just keeps recurring.
This type of back and neck pain is deemed to be chronic. It’s debilitating pain that negatively affects the patient’s home and work activities—the kind that can cause depression and mounting medical bills.
Solutions for chronic back and neck pain
There are proven solutions that enable chronic back and neck pain sufferers to regain their quality of life. These scientifically engineered programs empower patients to successfully master their chronic back and neck pain and subsequently manage their own recovery at home.
SPINEBACK PROGRAM take a whole-person approach to a whole-person problem. Not only do they provide core strengthening, flexibility, and spine unloading therapies, they also train patients on everything from physiology and nutrition to stress management and making lifestyle changes. The end result: patients are put in control so that they can maintain a healthy back for life right for your back or neck pain?
If your pain remains unresolved after conservative care (health provider care, physical therapy, chiropractic) or post-surgery, a SPINEBACK PROGRAM is likely right for you. Patients with the following low back and neck pain conditions have all benefited from SPINEBACK programs:
- Herniated Disc – A disc herniates or ruptures when part of the center nucleus pushes through the outer edge of the disc.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – Medically referred to as spondylosis. Spondylosis can be noted on x-ray tests or MRI scanning of the spine as a narrowing of the normal “disc space” between the adjacent vertebrae.
- Lumbago, Back Ache – Defined as mild to severe pain or discomfort in the area of the lower back.
- Juvenile Discogenic Disease – Characterized by endplate irregularities in the spine.
- Scoliosis – Scoliosis is a condition in which the spine curves abnormally from side to side rather than being straight.
- Spinal Stenosis – The spine is narrowed in one or more of three parts.
- Spondylolisthesis – Forward slippage of a lumbar vertebra on the vertebra below it.
- Sprain, Strain-Lumbar – Muscle strains and lumbar sprains are the most common causes of low back pain. A low back muscle strain occurs when the muscle fibers are abnormally stretched or torn. A lumbar sprain occurs when the ligaments, the tough bands of tissue that hold bones together, are torn from their attachments.
- Disorders of the Sacrum – A term that applies to a wide range of developmental disorders of the lower portions of the spinal column and pelvis.
- Thoracic or Lumbosacral Neuritis or Radiculitis – Various painful conditions of the spine.
- Low Back Pain – Low back pain is often triggered by some combination of overuse, muscle strain, or injury to the muscles and ligaments that support the spine.
- Neck Pain – Pain that occurs anywhere from the bottom of your head to the top of your shoulders.
- Osteoarthritis – A form of arthritis involving the deterioration of the cartilage that cushions the ends of the bones within joints.
- Post-Operative Conditions – Chronic low back or neck pain may follow these types of surgeries:
- Discectomy – surgical removal of part or the entire herniated disc
- Laminectomy – surgical removal of part of a vertebra, usually done to relieve pressure on a spinal nerve caused by a herniated disc or bony spur
- Spinal Fusion – surgery to connect the spinal bones to each other to prevent slippage.
- Radiculopathy – This pain can manifest in the lower back or neck. It is caused when a disc protrudes from its normal position in the vertebral column and puts pressure on the radicular nerve (nerve root).
- Sciatica – Pain along the large sciatic nerve that runs from the lower back down the back of each leg. Sciatica is usually caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve from a herniated disc.
- Spondylolysis – A disorder in which the lower part of the spine is weakened by an abnormally soft vertebra.
SPINEBACK PROGRAM is a multi-disciplinary training approach successfully addresses the underlying causes of chronic low back and neck pain, and trains patients how to regain control of their lives using:
- Core strengthening and stabilization training
- Flexibility training
- Non-invasive intervertebral disc decompression
- Aerbic conditioning
SPINEBACK programs uses non-invasive intervertebral disc.
SPINEBACK programs are ideal for patients with acute or chronic recurring low back or neck pain. Disc herniation (HNP) and degenerative disc disease (DDD) are two of the most common presenting diagnoses referred. More and more surgeons are making SPINEBACK programs part of their pre and post-operative care to restore soft tissue flexibility and strength, reduce disuse atrophy, increase generalized endurance that speed recovery and help prevent post-surgical complications.
SPINEBACK programs are offered at Function Fit Rehab . To learn more, call (858) 449-2158
Posted on January 12th, 2010
THANKS FUNCTION FIT REHAB
I could not play with my daughter or even hold her. With your help and the spineback program I am now a new person. I am able to get back to my everyday life and my daughter loves I can pick her up now. Thanks for all your help. Kris B.